Religious Moments




No matter where I am while traveling in Mexico and no matter how small or remote the location, I am always drawn to each community center - the church. Most are lovely old stone buildings with bell towers. The churches are sometimes simple – lacking decoration or embellishment, still beautiful, but in a simple way. Sometimes elaborate - such as the city cathedrals in Morelia (below) and Guadalajara (above) – absolutely breathtaking!

Mexico remains predominantly Roman Catholic. In fact, I once read that the Pope isn't as Catholic as Mexico.


Religious symbolism and meanings are important in day to day lives. You will often see the image of the Virgin of Guadalupe. These Catholic symbols and images can be found everywhere, from taxi cabs to restaurants and hotels. It becomes apparent just how important Catholicism is for many Mexicans.

2 comments:

PDX Man said...

These are some very inspirational pictures. I love the bottom photo.

canadiangrl said...

Thank you PDX Man. I think they really capture the importance of church and faith in Mexico.

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers