A Great Piece

This is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry that I purchased while in Mexico. I found this piece while visiting the coast of the Yucatan.

On this side of the pendant is the Cuauhxialla (Eagles Bowl, Aztec Calendar or Sun Stone)


The original Aztec calendar was carved and apparently found buried in 1760 at the zócalo in Mexico City. The Viceroy of the New Spain at the time was Don Joaquin De Monserrat, Marquis of Cruillas. The calendar was taken to the Metropolitan Cathedral where it remained until 1885 when President General Porfirino Dias ordered its transfer to the National Museum of Archaeology and History.




On this side of the pendant is the Tzolkin (Calendar wheel or The Mayan Zodiac)

The Tzolkin calendar wheel is a Mayan system of time measuring, every single day has its own omens and associations and the unyielding march of every day acts as kind of a perpetual fortune telling machine. Remarkably, it still survives in an unchanged form.

What sign am I ? Zotz

4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Pretty!

canadiangrl said...

Thanks Chrissy - I like it and it has some good memories.

PDX Man said...

Thank you for sharing. I like to know my sign? Best, PDX Man

canadiangrl said...

Hi there PDX, You can try this link - good luck!

http://www.azteccalendar.com/calendar-calculator.html

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers