Five senses















I have always enjoyed wearing fragrance and still do - now in a slightly limited capacity....

I suppose in any setting we must consider the sensitivities others may have of scents. Most workplaces ask staff to refrain from wearing fragrance or scented products. I make a choice each workday not to wear fragrance or scented products. I will admit that each morning before I leave home I feel as though I am forgetting something.

I know immediately what it is I’m missing…I longing look at my fragrance tray thinking what fragrance mood am I in today?

  • Elixir Sensuel, N₀ 5, Mademoiselle by Chanel
  • Eau de Parfum by Gucci
  • Caleche by Hermes
  • Fracas de Robert Piguet
  • Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan
  • Jess by Jessica McClintock

You see, I have always felt that the scent of a person can provide a level of attraction that lingers in one’s mind. Scent may “say” I’m shy or I’m bold or maybe a little flirtatious. Scent can provide us with an insight to a person’s personality perhaps before we even get a chance to speak.

There have been times where I have walked past a perfect stranger and have found myself looking back, because of an alluring scent that has captured my senses.

I can hardly wait for my day off!

For your viewing pleasure, a scene from the film "Scent of a Woman"


4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

I love scents/fragrances as well. In fact people evoke a smell thought to me. Like my friend Amanda, regardless of what she is wearing as a fragrance, she invikes the smell of Skittles to me. When I think of my husband, he smells like the sea and fine leather.

canadiangrl said...

Chrissy, it truly amazes me what an impact/memory scents can have on each of us. My Grandmothers scent was that of a English soap she used..

Anonymous said...

Very nice fragrances. I like Cashmere, especially. My husband says it makes me smell elegant :) I don't know if that is the right word, I think it makes me smell fresh :)

Betty

canadiangrl said...

Betty - thank you for visiting! I think your husband is right...Cashmere Mist does smell elegant.

What I loved most about your comment, is that your husband likes how it smells on you! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for sharing...

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers