Family Values


Families in Mexico appear quite close knit. When I watch these families at the local zócalo they often include extended families. I have a deep appreciation for the value that the Mexican culture places on family. I love to watch the family members different generations, celebrating and enjoying their time together.

It was during one of my many road trips in Mexio where I witness this lovely moment...a teenager dancing with his mother, grandmother, maybe an aunt (pictured above)


A father flying a kite with his son...
An elderly woman with her daughter. They pass by me, strolling, their arms linked with one another, the warm sun on their vibrant faces....















Simplicity can be liberating...Viva la Vida!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes very true, it is a value that the culture has. I really like the pictures. What town were they taken in? My husband and I love Mexico and are really thinking of retiring there. I just hope our health lasts to see that happen. Nancy, MA.

canadiangrl said...

Hi Nancy, thanks so much for stopping by. The photo of the young man dancing and the Father and son flying the kite were taken in Lake Chapala (Mexico's largest lake - less than an hour's drive from Guadalajara). The photo taken of the two ladies was in Ameca, Jalisco.

Like both of you, I have a special place in my heart for Mexico. I certainly hope both of you spend many wonderful moments together in Mexico!

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers