Beauty and the Beast - * Please note picture could be disturbing to some readers








My two week road trip was filled with many wonderful memories but also memories of bone yards and a carcass.



The road trip involved traveling from Puerto Vallarta ► San Sebastian del Oeste ► Guadalajara ►Morelia ►Patzcuaro ►Zihuatanejo ►Barra de Navidad ►Puerto Vallarta



While driving from PV to San Sebastian del Oeste this large carcass was found left on the roadside.



I have to admit I have never witness anything like this. The road was completely deserted. It felt so remote and here lay this large decayed carcass....it was disturbing. I hate to think that any living thing may have suffered.



As my road trip progressed along the beautiful undeveloped coastline of Michoacan I came across a few other scattered bone yards - but nothing like the sight on the road between PV and San Sebastian del Oeste.







"Beauty and sadness always go together" ~ George MacDonald

4 comments:

BettyyRoberto said...

Do they really leave bones on the road, like that? Wow, I would be scared. Betty

canadiangrl said...

Betty, Truthfully, I have never seen anything like this before while traveling in Mexico. It was unsettling to see a carcass laying on the road like that...granted, it was more like a secondary highway. Still unsettling.
Take care.

BettyyRoberto said...

Hi Canadiangrl, I showed the pictures to Roberto and he said in his country, that is very common on the roads, to see dead animals decomposed. I am such a novice at this kind of stuff :)

canadiangrl said...

Hi Betty, good to know. Well, at the very least, we can we novices together! Isn't it wonderful that there are many venues to share this type of information and learning? Glad you shared this with me and thanks to Roberto as well!

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers