Spending a Untamed Tropical Night Swirling with a Sonnet and a Song...

XVI

I love the handful of the earth you are.  Because of its meadows, vast as a planet, I have no other star. You are my replica of the multiplying universe.

Your wide eyes are the only light I know from extinguished constellations; your skin throbs like the streak of a meteor through rain.

Your hips were that much of the moon for me; your deep mouth and its delights, that much sun; your heart, fiery with its long red rays, was that much ardent light, like honey in the shade.
So I pass across your burning form, kissing
you - compact and planetary, my dove, my globe.

~ Pablo Nerudo

~ Esperanza Spalding - Samba em Preludio

"I love your feet only because they walked upon the earth and upon the wind and upon the waters, until they found me." ~ Pablo Nerudo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers