A time to reflect...





I must admit I have been extremely busy with work over the last few weeks.  I have been heavily involved in pandemic planning and busy opening assessment clinics.  My work day starts early in the morning and ends late into the evening.  As a result, I have not had much time to post or do much of anything.  But I did have some time to reflect........

Early Friday morning, my phone rang at home.  I immediately thought the phone call had something to do with work.  The voice on the other end of the call was a familiar.  A very close friend of mine... she was crying and began sharing some very tragic news....her Father passed away early Friday morning.  A dark and sad life moment.....

Her parents were just a year short of celebrating 65 years of marriage. The family was busy planning his birthday celebrations - Thursday, November 12.  Somehow, this just wasn't meant to be....no more birthdays, no more anniversaries.   

Early Friday morning, he gently embraced his loving wife's hand and told her that he was sick and was suffering a terrible headache - he told her he was going to die.  She responded by saying he couldn't die she needed him.  Moments later he took his last breath. 

Tomorrow, we will celebrate his life and say a tearful goodbye.  At 11am tomorrow, please join us in taking a moment to reflect on the important things in life.......everyday is a gift!

~ A death amongst men is a wedding feast amongst angels - Indian proverb 

4 comments:

PDX Man said...

Thank you Canadiangrl for sharing this with all of us. It is always so sad when our love ones take that journey, and we just have to wait to be with them later.

canadiangrl said...

Thanks for your comment.

Chrissy y Keith said...

Well, you must be a special friend for her to call you for support. I have no doubt that you rose to the occasion and gave her comfort and support. These types of things are hard on our heart, but they shouldnt harden our hearts.

canadiangrl said...

Chrissy, thanks so much for your comment. These are tough moments....I was so glad I could be there for her. There will be some difficult times/days ahead, hopefully she will feel the love and support that surrounds her.

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers