Flyer Beware - Big Fees for Baggage














Get ready travelers... apparently some of the big U.S. airlines are changing baggage fees on some flights.


A few things you may like to investigate with your airline  prior to your departure:

  • Continental Airlines - Beginning September 14, 2009 travelers with a second bag will be charged $25.00 for travel between the US, Mexico, Central and South America - exception Brazil.
  • Delta Air Lines - $30.00 to check that second bag for flights to Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America - exception Brazil. Tickets purchased September 19 for travel beginning October 13.
  • United Airlines - A fee of $27.00 for a second bag US, Canada, Mexico and Caribbean
Supposedly, some airlines are offering discounts to travelers if they pay the baggage charge online instead of at the airport. 

I have always enjoyed bringing back my second bag filled with all my "little treasures".  I guess I still can, only for a price....

"Our battered suitcases were piles on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go.  But no matter, the road is life." ~ Jack Kerouac

2 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

this has been going on for some time with Alaska Airlines, US Air and SW Air. I broke my luggage habit years ago. Now I only travel with what I can carry. If I want to bring something home, I just wiegh the odds of it getting lost in luggage, damaged or illegal to bring back to the US. Generally I end up talking myself out of anything that I cannot wear. Plus lately, we are so fortunate that our best friends built a home near PV a few years ago, so now I just get on the plane with my passport and money. It feels more like a commute than it does a trip. It is less than a 2 hour flight out of Phoenix. I spend 1 hour each way each day to travel to my work. A good piece of carry on luggage can really make the difference. If us women would get over our shoe issues, we find so much more space for other things.

canadiangrl said...

Chrissy, I still have some work to do with the luggage thing. I must admit, I am improving the more I travel. Some excellent advise, thanks!

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers