The Charm of Mexico


For me, Mexico is paradise.  Few countries offer the diversity - modern cities, colonial towns, ancient ruins, serene natural landscapes, warm sea breezes and snow capped mountains.  Mexico offers a fascinating contrast between old and new - a country that has held onto its authentic charms.  


I know when I am "home".  Well-known distractions - gears grinding, horns blowing, passing cars with music or bass that shake and rattle - people everywhere.  The heat and humidity are immediately recognizable - the parched vegetation and that familiar feeling of being wrapped in warm, salty steam.  The warm sun intimately touches my face.  Bright colors and exotic smells like the fresh salt air and the strikingly fragrant and unusual flowers blooming and of course the proverbial lavanderias.  Oh, the sweet splendor of being home!
 
 
Cultural diversity surrounds you.  Families spending precious time together sharing and laughing with one another.  Evenings end with the most magical sunsets - often witnessed with tired feet, which for a brief moment are forgotten as the sun sinks and daylight fades.  These are the moments that still feel like the first time....paradise!  

3 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Mexico's charm is very seductive and addicting!

canadiangrl said...

Leslie, I am completely enchanted and hooked!

PDX Man said...

I would like to see more of Mexico in my future!

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers